Author Topic: Oil Feed Pipes  (Read 1220 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Oil Feed Pipes
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »
I have put my shorter oil feed pipe from the supercharger to the block on, but I have a longer one that also needs putting on, I'm not sure where it should go has any one got any pics as to where it locates to.

Also I am missing the oil feed pipe bolts so I was wondering if these would be something VW would have in stock or would they have to be ordered.

Gav

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Oil Feed Pipes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:25:54 pm »
The oil supply pipe comes from a t-piece that should be fitted to one of the oil pressure sensor holes in the head.  Don't have a picture to hand.

Doubt VW will have the banjo bolts in stock.  If someone with a better memory than me posts up the sizes of bolt they use then you could order from Think Automotive or possibly even Ebay.  Having said that, fairly sure K-Jet fuel lines use the same bolts so maybe VW will have them and if you can find a car with a K-Jet engine in a scrapyard you could take the right bolts off it.  Absolutely loads of 80s cars used K-Jet not just VW.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 05:01:00 pm »
Ok cheers,

I will have a look and see what I can find.

P.S What's the best oil to run the G's on I can go out and buy some this week then and get it all finished off. I'm going to need Gearbox and engine oil so what's your recommendations.

Gav

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »
any decent make 10W/40 semi-synth.

I generally prefer Quantum if I can get it.  I bought a load of it on ebay.