Author Topic: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 22-04-2015  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 22-04-2015
« on: April 12, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »
Sadly the time has come for to me part with my Polo due to lack of time/effort to trailer it to and from track days plus I have a Lotus Elise itch I want to scratch and I can’t justify having 2 impractical cars.

The car is in a running state so before I start breaking it I would like to have a buyer for the engine before taking parts off as I would like to ensure that the buyer can see and hear the engine running if required.

If you are interested in a part or parts then please contact me via email robinyau at yahoo dot co dot uk or pm me – I will put your name down for the item and once I start breaking the car I will be in touch.

Prices are all excluding postage – please contact me for prices.

All parts located in Crewe, Cheshire.

I am also willing to listen to offers for parts and would do a deal on multiple items.

Payment via cash on collection, bank transfer or PayPal (buyer pays PayPal fees or send as gift)

Pictures of individual items on request.

If there is something you are looking for which is not listed please ask as I have loads of spares I have gathered over the years.

Build thread:

http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7975.0

Parts remaining:

Newman turbo camshaft and tappets– £100

51mm Throttle Body, top part of the throttle body is blanked off so its suited for turbo set up but this part can be swapped for a standard G40 part whilst mantaining the 51mm throttle blade– £150

Standard quantum HT leads – £30 posted

Rothe exhaust manifold – £350

Front G40 badge no clips - £15

Front G40 badge with 1 missing clip - stays on the grille with the remaining 2 clips £25

Rear G40 badge no clips £20

Pioneer CD/MP3 head unit £20

239mm drilled discs (recently skimmed flat and not been used since skim) – £40 a pair

Brian James single axle trailer, plated at 1300kg meaning that you can transport cars up to 1000kg. You won’t need a towing licence as long as the max payload of your tow car is equal or less than 2200kg. I have had it for about 3 yrs now and it tows really nice and easy to manoeuvre being single axle. These are around £1600 new – I am asking for £1000

Engine

1341cc bottom end, 9:1 compression ratio with forged pistons, NOS cylinder head fitted  with G40 exhaust valves (sodium filled), no camshaft unless you would like the current camshaft fitted which is a turbo profile camshaft - £800 prov sold

Camshaft vernier - £50 prov sold

GT Inlet manifold - £40 sold

CO Pot - £40 sold

310cc injectors and fuel rail – £40 prov sold

8mm HT Leads – £30 posted sold

Uprated stiffer engine mounts  – £60 prov sold

G40 engine loom – £100 sold

Brand new genuine exhaust manifold gaskets – £10prov sold

Aquamist kit with piping, wiring, 3 litres of methanol, methanol tank and boost switch– £100 Sold

K03 turbocharger with forge actuator with blue spring (suited for 15 psi +) - £200 sold

K03 downpipe with flexi which is 63mm so clamps to the PPP system perfectly (the wire mesh covering the flexi part has worn away but doesn’t leak) – £50

K03 turbocharger, untested but bought as running part from ebay (no actuator)  – sold £60

Braided oil and coolant feed and return hoses and fittings for K03 plus modified sump with oil drain – £50 sold[/b]

K&N induction cone – £20 sold

PPP custom ECU chip custom mapped on the dyno for this set up (19psi of boost) – £30 sold

ECU with 300kPa map sensor – £150  sold

Radtec Alu radiator – £200 sold

13 row oil cooler with braided hoses and thermostatic sandwich plate – £60 prov sold

Windage plate – brand new unused – £40

Gearbox

ATV with Gripper LSD (diff was serviced by gripper 300miles ago and had new plates fitted), will come with fresh Morris LSD box oil which is £80 for 5 litres – £550 prov sold

ATV with standard diff, removed from a 80k mile G40 – £275 prov sold

Helix paddle clutch with spare brand new friction plate – £200 prov sold

Uprated driveshaft inc CV joints £250 prov sold

Chassis

PPP Stage 3 subframe with adjustable TCA’s although these are not approved for road usage – the subframe does have some wear on the lower braces where it has caught the tarmac. £250 prov sold

G40 rose jointed steering arms – £60

G40 rose jointed TCAs - rubber boot split on both arms and ARB bushes need renewing - £25 sold

FK coilovers with adjustable dampening – comes with 1 set of standard springs, 1 set of custom springs for fast road use and 1 set for track use, all threads are clean and platforms not seized – £450 prov sold

Brakes

G40 set up with new front calipers bought from ECP about 200miles ago, carriers , bolts, standard 239mm discs and standard pagid pads. £125 prov sold

Hand brake cable new - £10 sold

Wheels

2 sets of 13’’RA’s

Set 1 fitted with Michelin slicks with plenty of life left, these fit nicely under the arches even with mine being lowered and are very sticky – £100 sold

Set 2 fitted with Yoko A048r’s (175/50/13) with 6mm of tread on the front (one tyre has a spilt on the tread block – see pictures and 1mm on the rears – ideal for track days – £100 sold

Wheel stud conversion kit – £20 prov sold

Body (Genuine G40) prov sold

People who have seen the shell can tell you its not going to win any awards, its pretty battered to say the least – its got a safety devices roll cage welded in and has been cut slightly lower so it fits in the car (the car has a sunroof and the cage is made for non sunroof) – therefore its not for tall people……………..would suit midgets like myself – I am 5’8 and I fit it in comfortably.

The shell also has bucket seat mounts welded into the floor, the front chassis legs has had additional reinforcements carried out by the previous owner.

It also has plastic windows fitted which I can sell separately if someone is interested in them.

Price wise I am not sure if its worth much so lets say £100 and if someone can give it a good home I am sure we can come to some agreement over the price.
Exhaust

PPP full system, it was the first one ever made as the car was used as the template, it did have a mid silencer however I removed it and now has a straight through pipe instead – £150 sold

Interior

Flocked dash – seen better days as some areas have worn and I have cut various bits out to make the cage fit – £20

Stack gauges – Oil Pressure with sender – £25, Boost Pressure – £25, Wideband with lambda probe and wiring – £150

All 3 gauges and mounting plate - £180 prov sold

Mk2 coupe s steering wheel trimmed in alcantara with grey stitching – £75 Prov sold

Corbeau bucket seats – £250 (pair) sold

Corbeau bucket alloy seat mounts sold £125 (2 pairs – one per seat)

Sparco 5 point red harnesses – sold £75 (pair)

Headlights and indicators – £30 prov sold

Throttle cable – £20   prov sold

Front mounted intercooler and all boost pipes to suit – £150

Forge aluminium dump valve – £80

Standard drivers side driveshaft with CV joints – £20

Standard passenger driveshaft with CV joints x 2 – £20 each
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:30:12 pm by Robin »

Offline bigclance

• Members
Re: Breaking high spec track car :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:01:46 pm »
Me and towns may be interested in a few bits mate, namely suspension.
I'm sure he will talk to you about it at work
Cheers, Dave

Offline scully

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »
PM send.  ;)

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 06:40:03 pm »
Me and towns may be interested in a few bits mate, namely suspension.
I'm sure he will talk to you about it at work
Cheers, Dave

No worries i will chat to fat boy tomorrow.

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
Did you have the trailer from new?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:07 pm »
Interested in these please Rocket if they're not too race spec:

K03 downpipe with flexi which is 63mm so clamps to the PPP system perfectly (the wire mesh covering the flexi part has worn away but doesn’t leak) – £50
- Does this clear everything nicely? The PSD downpipe on mine has had a flexi welded on in a spesh place, so catches on the inner CV shield.

Braided oil and coolant feed and return hoses and fittings for K03 plus modified sump with oil drain – £50
Just after the oil drain and sump really - how much for those if you'd split please?

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »
Interested in these please Rocket if they're not too race spec:

- Does this clear everything nicely? The PSD downpipe on mine has had a flexi welded on in a spesh place, so catches on the inner CV shield.

Braided oil and coolant feed and return hoses and fittings for K03 plus modified sump with oil drain – £50
Just after the oil drain and sump really - how much for those if you'd split please?

Hey Andy

I will try take a pic tomorrow of the down pipe - it doesn't catch on anything i don't think but i will double check, its actually Yoof's old set up.

Your name is down for the oil drain and sump if no one wants the whole turbo set up.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 09:10:25 pm »
you have pm regarding the shell Robin.

I want it   ;D

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 02:31:40 pm »
Did you have the trailer from new?

Nope, i bought it about 3 yrs ago.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 14-04-2015
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:15:47 am »
Got some tracking gauges for sale:

Exactly same as this one - all bozed with instructions and used a handful of times.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trackace-Laser-Wheel-Alignment-Gauge-Auto-Calibrating-Tracker-Tracking-/141331320747?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20e800cfab

£55 posted.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 14-04-2015
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »
Picture of the front mounted intercooler set up.

It has thermocouples at either end as i was monitoring in and out temperatures, they are mounted with a threaded swagelok fitting and sealed by the tapered thread however i have added more sealant with liquid metal. No leaks or anything, thermocouples can be removed if required, i can do this for you.

Set up will come with boost pipes and support plate which replaces the crappy standard one.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 15-04-2015
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:14 pm »
Battery tray for standard battery size - £10

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 15-04-2015
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 11:15:49 am »
Drivers side engine mount, crank pulley, belt and alternator - required when going from g-lader to turbo.

£40

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Breaking high spec track car - new parts updated 22-04-2015
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 10:25:05 pm »
Trailer now sold.

Please lock post.