Technical > Engine and Transmission

tuning

(1/3) > >>

jox:
hello im new and might be swapping my renault 5 gt turbo for a g40

how much would it cost to take a standard g40 to 150-160 bhp and whats needed sorry if this has been asked so manny times i have used search but becuase im not familuar with the g40 i have no idea what people are talking about when the mention gladders lol.

hayesey:
prob about £800 for so from totally standard to about 150bhp.  First things to do:

- service and port the charger ~£500
- toothed charger drive belt conversion and 65mm pulley ~£250 (if I remember correctly)
- remapped chip ~£30 (check fathernugen section on club polo forum)
- remove restriction from standard air box for fit an induction kit. From £0 to about £50 depending on what you do
- boost return modification (search for it).  Mod itself is free if you can do it yourself then you just need to buy charger lube which we sell for £13.00 (check merchandise section on main site)

That should take you to about 150 is your engine is generally healthy and still good compression etc...

You'll probably want to give the entire braking system a good service at this point.  Not so much uprating anything (apart from swapping flexi pipes for braided ones which are about £40) but just renewing worn out bits and giving parts (esp the rear drum internals) a good strip down and clean.

Nick_S:
Get yourself a decat downpipe too, VAG ones are about £90 + vat new and marry up to the stock system. This set up should be fine up to 150bhp, anymore and you might want a full custom system.

Worthwhile getting a Polo GT inlet manifold (bigger bore than G40 one) to accompany the other mods. These can be picked up for £30-£40, although you will loose a bit of low down grunt in favor of top end gains.

jox:
im trying to find out about the eaton chager conversions but google isnt helpin is there any guides to fitting and parts needed, i read for 150 bhp you can use the gladder but i want an eaton for its wine

vwmk3jon:
If you want an Eaton conversion there are a couple of kits. PSD (pitstop developments) did a kit although PSD is no more and the kits are rarer than rocking horse poo ( i found one ;-) ) AWT also did a kit but there are issues with keeping things securely mounted so i've heard. Someone maybe able to give you more info on this.

You'd need : larger FMIC, charger, boost pipes, bigger injectors (G60 greens or red injectors), chip, larger throttlebody, pulleys and probably afew more bits n bobs that i've forgotten.

PM Georgio on here who has a eaton'd powered G. He should be able to fill you in a little better on what you'll need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version