Technical > Engine and Transmission

Spark Plugs and Airfilters.................

(1/3) > >>

Nev:
Hiya, can you guys recommend any decent spark plugs and a decent replacement panel filter for a stock-ish engine?

Also what leads is everyone running?

Plus the best place to buy all the above from?

Cheers

Nev

PeteG40:
welcome - most people stick with bosch w5dpo plugs which are oem standard.  cheapest at gsf

as for filters - some people go with a cone/heatshield - jabbasport do them, dear tho

or a k+n panel filter.

I myself stick with a stock paper, i've never noticed a different when i tried an induction kit.

jimbugalee:
I just bought some Longlife spark plugs from VW.  They make a big difference to my G40 but then it did have some random ones in before which def weren't the right ones.

I also changed the leads last weekend, but got those from GSF.  Sorry, I don't know the make (I do now - Beru), but I do know the part no (92620H).  Think they retail  at around £25.

Air filter - standard from VW but I don't have any other engine upgrades.  I will probably change when I do.

vwmk3jon:
Plugs from GSF (not W5DPO's but something similar) and a worn JR conefilter & heatshield which i'm changing shortly.

I'm currently looking at magnecor leads to replace the ones i have. Demon tweeks are abit expensive (£55 odd before p+p!!) so i'm gonna hunt around. 

samg40:
Waste of money really. If you need new leads just stick with Beru ones or BBR from GSF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version