Technical > Engine and Transmission

Best Plugs and oil

(1/3) > >>

G40_FUNK:
Ok, im going to get my G serviced and that lamda probe looked into.  Thanks for all the helpful advice from members of this site.  I take it the best oil is quantum semi synthetic?  Im at a bit of a loss plugswise though!? There is a guy selling them on ebay, but are they the right type for a g40?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-SUPER4-SUPER-4-SPARK-PLUGS-POLO-COUPE-1-3-G40_W0QQitemZ370048111929QQihZ024QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PeteG40:
w5dpo bosch

hayesey:
no those aren't the right type in that ebay listing.  As Pete says, Bosch W5DPO (although I think they've been superceeded by part number something like WR5DP nowadays which is the same thing but with a resistor in it).  They are single electrode plugs with a platinum tip, cheaper ones will run too hot.  You can get away with cheaper ones in a standard g but it still wont do power any good.

vwmk3jon:
ive just put some in i got from GSF. Not the W5DPO code but W5DTC or something like that. These rubbish? I had to change them badly as the ones i had in there were knackered!

What about using W4DPO's ?

PeteG40:
w5rdpo (same as orig but with resistor have replaced the w5dpo i think)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version