Author Topic: oil feed fittings  (Read 4632 times)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
oil feed fittings
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »
knackered the thread on the connection where the braided hose screws to the 90degree connector on the turbo. wasnt ever taught old school measurements so getting rather confused!!! all i actually need is a female to male 90degree connector but ive measured them (12mm) but how do i convert that to AN or BSP etc etc.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: oil feed fittings
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 04:04:10 pm »
Clickety click:

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/PO/year/1992/drive_standart/120/hg_ug/145/subcategory/19010/part_id/3695196/lang/e

For a g-lader, I know! Can't help with turbo bits, it would all be custom to suit whatever turbo you have, surely?

Go to a local hydraulics supplier (call up your local PIRTEK agent, they're a mobile company, you may find the guy will just drop one off on the way past to a job). Other places that may do them are parts suppliers, farm machinery places, automotive places, machine shops, etc. Probably best to take the bits with you so they can view / measure. Or get a thread pitch gauge (very handy little keyring sized gadget that you will use once every 5 years).

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: oil feed fittings
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:33:31 am »
got it sorted. took a gamble andd ordered a AN4 piece from ebay which fit and now doesnt leak all over the turbo housing.