Author Topic: G40 into GT wiring  (Read 3734 times)

Offline JregGT

• Members
G40 into GT wiring
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:42:58 pm »
Well some may of seen a couple of my posts, mainly on engine bits and pieces, but now i'm sat thinking about the wiring.
I've read as many relevant posts as I can find, there is tons on this site, that is proving useful, but just want some re-assurance from people that have done, and know the conversion.
I'm going from a genuine GT to a G40 in the next few months, and just want to clear up a few bits.
Main engine wiring wise, am i right in thinking the only wiring i will need to change, is from the fuse box forward in the car, this being due to needing the CO pot wirng and knock sensor wiring., which arent in the GT loom?
Originally i thought i may have to change the rear loom to account for the fuel pump, bit am i right in thinking that the GT pump will be more than adequate? Or does it need the G40 pump, and if so, does it need the G40 wiring to the pump?
When i removed the engine for the conversion, i got absolutely everything from the donor car, so what ever is needed, is not a problem, i'm just trying to avoided uneccesary work!

And i suppose, is there anything else that i should be doing, that i've missed out?
Cheers in advance folks

Rich  ;D

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: G40 into GT wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:48:00 pm »
just engine bay loom - rest is just the same!

Offline JregGT

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »
Once again Pete, you come to the rescue, I was really hoping the answer was as simple as that, thanks very much Pete

Rich  ;D

Offline samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:43:36 pm »
Yep the fuel pumps are the same so no need to swap them unless your GT one's have seen better days. You've made it as easy for yourself as possible using a GT as a base.

Offline JregGT

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »
Thanks very much Sam, currently its going o.k, so shall only change it if she plays up once the conversions done!

Offline genesisGT

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:01:20 pm »
Rich only loom you need to change is the ECU and general engine loom the headlight loom is the same (so only the left multiblock coming out the fuse box and all the cables that attach to it).

Offline JregGT

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »
Cheers very much Richard, coming into the final aspects of getting ready now.

Cheers folks

Rich  ;D

Offline newt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:41:19 pm »
done one a few years back its plug and play for wiring ,
didnt think pumps were same though?? plug on to pump is the same tho
will check if pumps are the same at work tomorrow

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:11 am »
GT & G40 have the same fuel pumps yes, as do NZ engined mk3 polos.  Basically all the ones with multi-point injection have the same pump.