Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1946 times)

Offline NosherCento

• Members
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:26 pm »
hey all

my name is alfie, at the moment i drive a Fiat Seicento Sporting, but i am interested in the G40s
a friend of mine has one in red, with white pirelli P slots on it, and it is such a gorgeous car :D

I am considering either buying a G40 sometime soon, or failing that, would like to fit the supercharger to my current car...

could anybody give me some info on the charger itself, what type it is, power output, where i could get one from, prices etc.

much appreciated

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:00:48 am »
Hi Alfie, the best thing to do if you want to learn about the charger is type in g-lader on google and read the wikipedia write up on it, it'll tell you almost everything,
As for the price of one id check the for sale section on here as chargers do often pop up. Tbh if your looking towards getting a charged car id buy a g40.
I can't see there been much room in the fiat engine bay to fit a charger.

Cheers Tom :)

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »
Punto turbo engine in the seicento! 8)   ...if it'll fit! ;D

Or have a read... http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3993.0.html

Offline NosherCento

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 12:11:54 am »
i considered the punto turbo engine, and the 1.4 from the uno tubby aswell, but theyre both really heavy blocks and ideally i want to keep the handling of the car :D

the initial idea is:

1242 16v fiat bravo bottom end, as it has stronger internals
higher pressure injectors,
FMIC
either a G40 or a BMW mini supercharger

but it will take a lot of work...

i will have to re-locate the battery to the boot
move the alternator to where the battery sits
put the charger where the alternator was

etc ;)

i want to do all this as it is something different, most people decide to turbo the seicento engines, but i want to do something different :D
should be looking at around 160bhp if it all goes to plan, but to pull this off i need around £2000(ish) for parts etc, so atm i am saving :P