Author Topic: POLO G40 1341  (Read 7705 times)

Offline rcurnow

• Members
POLO G40 1341
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:32:47 pm »
Hi all. After much deliberation I am changing route, and my Polo G40 is up for sale. I have had 3 polo gt's and this is my second G40 and it has been by far the most fun to drive.
Originally the car was a cat c write off due to a bent rear axle. Because a new one from VW was 2k, it was deamed a uneconomical to repair! The car was purchased by PhilJ, and he fitted a new axle.

Now to the good stuff!!
The cars engine was fully rebuilt in July 2009 at Jabbasport with 1341 Accralite forged pistons, with new waterpump/cambelt, bearings,oil pump. I have the receipt from Jabba which came to £1300! The R1 charger was also serviced at this time, along with a renewed gearbox, and diff, all with reciepts.
The engine has now done just over 4000 miles since the rebuild.

When I first bought the car i took it to PhilJ who fitted two new lower arms, braided brake hoses, brand new custom 2.5 inch exhaust (new lambda sensor), MOT and full service.
Under my ownership i have taken the car to G-werks, for a suitable 1341 Newman camshaft to be fitted along with a map to cope with the extra fuel required. Before the camshaft was done the car was rolling roaded at Race Power Motorsport and dyno'd at 153bhp. The car was then taken to AD Autotechnik in Surrey, for a new head gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, inlet manifold gasket, and the return boost pipe to be diverted into a oil catchment tank. New brembo discs, and greenstuff pads (best combo)
I have got masses of bills and receipts, and a box file full of history/mots etc.
EXTERIOR
The car is in tornado red, unfortunatly the last owner took all the arches and trims off the car and sold them. I have managed to buy some earlier MK2 arches to be used on the front as I prefer these as they don't have the cut outs, but i was still on the look out for some GT/G40 rear arch trims, they do pop up on these forums every now and then! The only rust patch is on the hole where the plastic arch trim would be, so i was just going to sand it, protect it, and when the rear arches were back on it would be out of sight anyway, and another mark about the size of a 50p coin on the drivers wing. Not too bad considering the car is 18 years old!!
INTERIOR
The interior is standard G40, the only issue being a round cigarette burn on the drivers seat, the rest, including the rear bench is all in good condition. The parcel shelf is still intact with no speaker holes.
The car currently has a tape player, but wiring for a amplifier in the boot.

As this will be my last polo for a while (never say never!) i will throw in a few extras i have picked up on the way. A brand new boot seal from VW, gearbox oil, haynes manual, origional polo g40 camshalft, a set of discs and pads that are only mildly worn, a bottle of PTFE lubricant for use on the charger and anything else i can find!

The MOT is March 2011, and i have just put 6 months tax on it.
Any other information i think off i will add as we go.
I am looking for £2300, ono which i think is a fair reflection of how much has gone into this car, and for a origional G40 with a new engine.

Any questions give us a shout on here, email richpologt@hotmail.com, or call 07905 947061, thanks Rich.

Now for the pics....

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: POLO G40 1341
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:27:18 am »
Car looks lovely, even with the g40 trim not on. I like it. Hope sell goes well and that's a good price for whoever buys it, considering the work.

Offline rcurnow

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:07:27 pm »
Thanks for the comment.

Bump

Price drop to £2200.

Rich.

Offline rcurnow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 07:09:44 pm »
Just been let down by a buyer, so back up for sale, cheers Rich

Offline fraserg40bmx

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:09:12 am »
cars beautiful mate got a red g40 which is almost finshed turbo conversion but gota sell it now coz i need a car which is shit! i would definetly snap it up straight away if i had that much:)

goodluck

Offline louisb1986

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13:31 pm »
interested in the car mate, in france till wednesday so will give u a ring when im back if u still have it and where abouts r u
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:29:07 pm by louisb1986 »

Offline louisb1986

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 01:56:41 am »
just bought this! insane car.   anyway to help get the powerdown better? wheel spinning in 3rd

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:01 am »
just bought this! insane car.   anyway to help get the powerdown better? wheel spinning in 3rd
quaife diff and a sub frame from ppp

Offline G40 AD

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 09:34:34 pm »
even a standard G will spin in third in this weather!

get a stage 3 subby... will transform the car... I was amazed by what it does!