Author Topic: need help  (Read 3185 times)

Offline tfndd

• Members
need help
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:54 pm »
hi i want to convert my 1.6glx polo into a g40 but i have no idea how or what i need to do can any1 help me pls.

many thanks tfndd

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:14 pm »
What you want to do is going to be quite expensive, you would need to change alot of the engine parts. It's going to be cheeper to replace your 1.6 engine in it's entirity with a G40 engine. you should be able to find a G40 engine with all the extra bits you need for £1000 ish.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:27:25 am »
then you need to weld a mk3 top engine mount to the mk4 chassis leg and sort the wiring out, although that bit isn't too hard, the g40 engine loom basically needs power and earth and it'll go.  Leave the mk4 loom in for all the ancillaries such as headlights etc...

Fuelling is also an issue, you'll need to do some research, I believe the fuel pumps in the later multi-point-injection mk4 polos flows a similar amount to the g40 pump but don't just assume this is right!  The safest option is to keep the mk4 in-tank pump as a lift pump and then also use a normal g40 in-line pump, this is the safest option.

Offline tfndd

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:32:28 pm »
thank u for all ur help where would i find a g40 engine. when i look on the web it dont show any thing for it i must be looking in the wrong place, have u got any sites i can av a look at

thank u

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »
the for sale section on here is probably the best place to find one.  Bear in mind that they only ever sold about 500-600 G40s in the UK so there's not exactly a load of engines to choose from.

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'

Offline busy t

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:08:49 pm »
don't bother trying clubpolo unless you wanna fork out a fiver on the off chance that there's a g40 engine on there lol