Author Topic: Finally back on the road, but have a problem, any ideas?  (Read 5141 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Finally back on the road, but have a problem, any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 08:29:27 pm »
my bet would be the protective oil/grease they put on the pressure plate to stop it going rusty

LeonBritton123

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 10:01:12 pm »
Yea ive had loads of problems and once ive sorted one another one turns up,

The alternator doesnt seem to be charging the battry now, so im gonna replace the bushes and i got to get a big fat earth cable because where ive painted alot of things the engines not earthing properly!

It probably is oil or grease, the clutch does work and you can pull off rather quickly but as the revs build past 3-4000 in 3rd it starts to slip then. Im getting an adjustable clutch cable tomorrow so that might make a diffrence otherwise it will be just another part ive replaced and cant go wrong for a while!

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »
yea you can put it together the wrong way round.

LeonBritton123

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »
it just seems strange that it works to a certain extent even if it is the wrong way round.

LeonBritton123

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 09:07:53 pm »
gonna drive it for a week or so and hopefully it should stop slipping otherwise im taking the gearbox off again,

my problem now is it stalls occasionally sometimes it doesnt, it idles at about 900 and sometimes when im coming to a stop and go into neutral it will drop below 900 and stall. any ideas? ive got a 51mm de wedged throttle body on it and a brand new idle control valve.

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 08:50:11 pm »
 I once had gearbox oil tipped all over mine (standard clutch)because someone mistook the plug at the top for somewhere to put it... Soaked the clutch, it slipped badlly for about 10 mins and absolutely OK there after... My clutch cable is set so it's about 1/4 inch off the "touching the bearing point", and I've added a spring to hold it off for the bearing's sake, it'll outlast the clutch anyway.
Are you sure it's not the wheels spinning, specially possible with foot down in 3rd on wet road! :-P

I recon, as a longshot, might be worth check that the crank doesn't move in and out, check at the pulley end, Just in case
the centre thrust bearing dissapeared. V unlikely, but worth 2 second check...