Author Topic: G40 burnt out!  (Read 4705 times)

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
G40 burnt out!
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:19:07 pm »
what a shit night!

my best mate g40 got burnt out last night out side our house.

and it had half of my G's parts on it like supercharger and loads of engine sensors and leads and shit what a cunt.

Its been parked in the same place for the last couple of months flat battery with not much fuel so blatantly been set on fire on purpose, it was lucky i just went to bed 2.30am last night and just as i shut my eyes i noticed the curtains light up and i then checked wtf was going on and noticed the polo on fire not much we could do at that point.

and the only fire extinguisher we had was in the polo lol.

it had no mot and tax but the insurance is fully comp and fully paid off so should get most of the money back.

Offline chris2911

• Members
Re: G40 burnt out!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:29:55 pm »
what a shiter think my polo going in the garage now !!

is that the third unlucky white g40 now
2 stolen
now this one burnt out

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »
yeah looks like someone has smashed the window and chucked something inside to set it on fire :(

Bad news indeed. 

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »
yeah looks like someone has smashed the window and chucked something inside to set it on fire :(

Bad news indeed. 

no the window was smashed by the fire-fighters as the doors did not open!

i think they must have poured petrol down the vents in the bonnet in to the scuttle tray to start it!

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
Thats wank dude! Another white G40 fubarred. Let me know if your mate decides to sell any of the parts salvagable, id be interested in the wheels. Sorry to see though mate :(    
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:11:51 pm by etches69 »

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:11:48 pm »
Wonder if the charger is saveable. presume the engine block will survive. sad so many people have had trouble with other people and their G's recently!

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
just checked charger the scroll still moves freely with no play so maybe serviceable.

i am going to take the uprated cam and vernier pulley off to use with my future turbo setup i am also going to get my mate to buy me a new turbo manifold and 2nd hand turbo with his payout instead of replacing the charger.

any one know what the best way is to deal with insurance and get best payout and how i would get away with removing salvageable parts and stuff with out getting a lesser payout? :)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »
Those pictures made me feel sick :'(

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 06:03:13 pm »
Those pictures made me feel sick :'(

Same here alex, thinking that mine was stolen i didnt see it get crushed is totally different to  seeing this,  tis horrid :(

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 06:11:42 pm »
sounds daft but you'll be able to salvage the engine and gear box maybe some other bits you'd be suprised at what little damage a fire can do to an engine as the heat rises plus a burning flame is no where near the heat of the fuel combusting inside the engine it'll look a mess because of all the plastic thats melted just make sure you change seal and gaskets and obviously the cam belt before you put it in something else i've done a few jobs where i have had to do estimates and supply parts for a few buses that had engine fires and i never supplied a engine to repair them 

Offline woody02

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 06:21:22 pm »
Proper gutted for you and your mate, bad news. Hope you get some cash back.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:11 pm »
Is your mate on here by the way?

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
no mate he not in to the internet car scene! we are both more pissed that some one did this to him than the polo now being fucked.

it could of been a lot worse if i did not notice the polo on fire, if it spread to the van that was behind the polo in another space a foot away or the bushes and tree's then the 6 other cars parked with in a foot of the van and each other.

and no one else from the street noticed the fire truck the fire or any thing last night it could of been so bad.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 06:59:35 pm »
I'm not a violent person, but my god I would literally smash ten shades of shit out of the culprit if I ever found them.

Fucking little shitbags don't learn a lesson in this country. Even if they catch them they'll get a caution at best probably, meanwhile your mate's hard work is burnt to shit.

Sorry, I hate to go all Daily Mail here, but it really annoys me the lack of justice in the UK. I was listening to something yesterday about Crown Court cases and some of the stuff that happens is outrageous. Like some guy who came out to find a drunk kicking his car in and smacked him with a bread tray - he got prosecuted for it! And the man whose family were tied up and threatened, who then got some of his mates together and went out to find the guy who did it. They beat the crap out of him, and they were the ones who got done for GBH.

The guy who did it had a criminal record longer than the fucking A1 and had was still offending. Yes it's not good to let a vigilante culture happen but sometimes a bit of rough justice is exactly what these aching great ballbags need. If someone threatened my family in my home, as far as I'm concerned they've waived their human rights and should be punished properly.

GAH! >:(

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 08:11:42 pm »
I am literally speechless! :o  Im so sorry mate, that is soo shit its untrue!  I just hope your able to arrange something with the insurance regarding cover for your contents inside it aswell as the car itself.  Scumbags should be castrated, the lot of them!