Author Topic: need sum advice.  (Read 5033 times)

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
need sum advice.
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:16:22 pm »
Well guys after some advice.  if caught speeding at 100mph is it an automatic ban? No points on licence and first offence.

cheers.

Offline Max

• Members
Re: need sum advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:29:38 pm »
What was the limit mate and how did they record your speed?

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:39:02 pm »
limit was 60 and it was a camera van

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:43:42 pm »
Regardless of any previous offences this doesn't bode well I'm afraid mate.

Did you look at the speedo and it was 100mph when you were flashed?

I would wait until you receive a letter through the post but a ban is quite likely at those speeds.

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:08 pm »
thats the thing i dont think i was doin that, i got a letter today and it is just wanting me to admitt it was me driving it doesnt say anything bout what i will get?

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »
Ah if you have received the letter then I am not sure what you can do, if you appeal it then you will probably have to to go court.

Not sure what to recommend mate, maybe others can shed some light.

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:17 pm »
cheers mate.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 08:56:53 pm »
I reckon if they're going to take your licence from you then they'll have you up in court anyway. This can be a good thing ; it gives you a chance to do a bit of crawling and showing respect for the law. You've only just got the car and admit to getting a bit carried away, shit like that. Just don't admit to knowing what speed you were doing. Give it lots of apologies and big tears if neccessary. Anything that makes the court think you'll be a good boy in future is worth it if it keeps you on the road. Best of luck mate, hope I don't read about you in the local.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 09:18:19 pm »
also, if losing your license puts your job at risk then they'll sometimes let you keep your license but make you pay a higher fine.

Offline j.barnett

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:29 pm »
mate ask for a picture before admitting anything a mate of mine got off when they couldent supply this!! also ask for calibration of camra for the day it happend. as im pretty sure they should calibrate camra vans daily! and dont worry about asking for these as it wont effect your case... and if any of this is not correct at the time you just wont hear from them agian.it used to be also that as the law stood ive heard you have to supply details of the driver but it not an offence not to supply a signuture as there was not a wittness!! just check this last one not sure if the rule books have been re writen on this one.

Offline 86C

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »
also, if losing your license puts your job at risk then they'll sometimes let you keep your license but make you pay a higher fine.

Yes indeedy. I totted up 12 points way back when I were a lad, all in the G ::)
I used the "would lose my job if I got a ban" line, and got a 7 day ban and £120 fine. That was a long time ago though :D

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »
Some good advice there. Best thing is to reaserch the law a bit first, while you wait to recieve a ticket.

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 10:21:37 pm »
cheers guys, am off to see a solicitor on friday to see what my options are.  will def ask for a photo and the calibration certficate.  every1 fingers crossed.lol.

cheers grant

Offline grayg40

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 05:32:01 pm »
mate ask for a picture before admitting anything a mate of mine got off when they couldent supply this!! also ask for calibration of camra for the day it happend. as im pretty sure they should calibrate camra vans daily!
i agree with this they do need to supply the calibration ticket for that day or the it is void

Offline j.barnett

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:27 pm »
how did you go with this im sure theres a few of us wanting to know!!!???? ??? ???