Author Topic: Lotus Eclat/Elite wheels, tyres & adapters - diamond cut for shiny goodness!  (Read 12514 times)

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
***Now willing to post***

It pains me to do this but have to in order to fund tyres & refurb of my new rims!

I bought these for my MK1 Polo project, got them diamond cut, bought brand new tyres for them and then had a set of adapters custom made to fit VW’s.  There are 5 of them in total but the fifth is not diamond cut, nor does it have a tyre fitted – this was going to be on display in the rear of the car.

Wheel details:

Lotus Eclat/Elite wheels
7 x 14
ET – not 100% sure but I think it may be around ET19
4 x 114.3 PCD

Tyre details:

175/50/14 as per the pic below
Brand new – never even seen a yard of road surface!

Adapter details:

Had these custom made by Engineering solutions Ltd
Made from aircraft grade aluminium with steel inserts for the bolts
40mm wide
Converts 4 x 114.3 to 4 x 100 stud pattern
These cost me more to have made than the price of the car – shocking I know!!!  Let’s just say more than £400 but not quite £500!!!

I also had Engineering Solutions Ltd turn me 16 stainless ‘top hats’ which fit snugly in the bolt holes and I also bought 16 brand new chrome plated ‘dome’ bolts – all can be seen in the below pics.

The wheels also come with 5 centre caps but I did not get round to painting these black – they are currently silver.  I think they’re made from aluminium.

Don't want a part ex for any other wheels - need the cash for my money pit project!

Located in DA9 - Greenhithe, North Kent.

Wheels & tyres:

Adapters:

Top hats:

Bolts:

Due to the price of what I paid to have these refurbed, new tyres, custom adapters and anciliaries made I can’t let these go for too little and for that reason……

Price…….£600 OVNO all in!

Cheers,
Chris.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:33:19 pm by CJ Dubs »

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Right peeps......willing to drop a bit on these so make me a sensible offer and they could be yours! :thumbsup:

Couple of pics to show what they can look like on veedubs... 8-)

Please note - the wheels in the above pics are not my exact wheels but I am using the pics to highlight how good they can look!  Mine are freshly refurbed with brand new tyres! ;-)

Cheers,
Chris.

Offline Dan:)

• Members
Do you still have these?

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Certainly do my friend...! ;)

• Members
Whats the absolute lowest you could go with them posted??

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Make me an offer mate and I'll see if I can go that low.  Don't want to say a price to put you off when you're best offer may get me interested.

Please bear in mind that these cost me £790 all in though!  I know they're not worth anywhere near that but the more I drop on price the more I'm effectively throwing away!

Cheers,
Chris.

• Members
I was gonna say £400 then probs negotiate. But I can't guarantee that I will buy them as I've got to sell my BBS's 1st if I want to get these.

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Sorry mate - that's just too low for me at this time. :(  Been offered £500 for them on CP so I'll see where that takes me...

• Members
Oh ok mate let me know what happens if you don't mind :)

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Need these gone within a week - £450 plus postage!

• Members
Still too much for me mate, I'm not interested.

Offline CJ Dubs

• Members
Lol :D :D