Author Topic: Any G40 owners in Guernsey?  (Read 2862 times)

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
Any G40 owners in Guernsey?
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »
Just wondered... I sold my old tornado red G many moons ago to a lad who took it to guernsey.  J407 BYD... I assume it would have changed reg immeadiately to a Guernsey one but it'd be nice to nice if its still in one piece out there... i loved that car!  :-* ;) ;D

So, anyone from guernsey? :)

Here she is in 2003 prior to selling... :'(  If anyone knows anything, Id love to know.  I had stripped it of its uber parts and back to around 140ishbhp.

Last heard the lad I sold it too who was a muppet, put a boy racer body kitted front bumper on and a massive twin DTm upswept exhaust on it, sold it on to a girl on the island and it had a misfiring issue (wiring loom).

Offline MartinB

• Members
Re: Any G40 owners in Guernsey?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:07:54 am »
There was a lad on here from Guernsey. He was breaking his Capri Green G40 a couple of months back.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:08:56 am »
There is a lad on here who has got one but i think he damaged it so he was breaking it. Tom is his name.

Offline MartinB

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:10:20 am »
Yep, here is the link to his sale thread. Could get in touch with him that way:

http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3146.0.html

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 04:50:08 pm »
Cheers MartinB, ive PM'd him... Just hope its not been wrapped round a tree or something in the 6 1/2yrs since i sold it.

Offline Spax

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:28:05 pm »
Just wondered... I sold my old tornado red G many moons ago to a lad who took it to guernsey.  J407 BYD... I assume it would have changed reg immeadiately to a Guernsey one but it'd be nice to nice if its still in one piece out there... i loved that car!  :-* ;) ;D

So, anyone from guernsey? :)

Here she is in 2003 prior to selling... :'(  If anyone knows anything, Id love to know.  I had stripped it of its uber parts and back to around 140ishbhp.

Last heard the lad I sold it too who was a muppet, put a boy racer body kitted front bumper on and a massive twin DTm upswept exhaust on it, sold it on to a girl on the island and it had a misfiring issue (wiring loom).

I was the "Muppet" you sold it too, it didn't have a boy racer body kitted front bumper fitted, I fitted a 2" DTM system on it as it only had a standard on it, it also if u remember, it spat the oil seals out the charger after 2 days and you accused me of bouncing it off the limiter which is something I'd never do on any of my cars!

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:32:39 pm »
Well, good to know it's somewhat still alive.  The only information I had on it, was from a girl who had bought it and it was misfiring, she had phoned Steve @ PSD, while I was down there co-incidentally and was basically bleating on, that's who I heard from about the bumper etc etc.  So abit of third hand info, where I made an assumption about it and you, and was abit temperamental about the car, so I apologise for how I described you. :)

Hope you re-vive it someday, and if you ever get a chance of piccies.

I've moved on from VWs and Polo's, prefer 2 seats and RWD now but never forget my roots!  :)

Offline Spax

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:12:56 pm »
Hiya mate, ahh the girl I sold it too managed to wreck it fairly quickly! she then sold it on and i'm afraid it's not looking that pretty atm! i'm going to view it sat and i'm hoping to secure it back into my hands for a full resto! it needs a full respray and a good service including the charger! I will post up pics asap :)