Author Topic: Coilover conversion tubes for rear of a mk2/mk3 polo  (Read 3007 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Coilover conversion tubes for rear of a mk2/mk3 polo
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:37:23 pm »
Since I luckily managed to get hold of a 2nd hand set of proper rear coilovers for my G40, I now have these surplus to requirements. 

They are slide-over tubes to convert regular rear shocks into "coilovers" to accept whatever 2 1/4" springs you choose to fit.  Then obviously you can adjust ride height to perfection.

They are totally brand new and unused, all I have ever done with them is unpack one to take the photo!

They were originally bought from Rally Design and you can see them in their webshop here:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3458

As you can see, the total price including VAT would be £72.45 before you even factor in postage costs from R.D. 

I am after £65 for a quick sale so basically you can save on VAT and also not have to pay postage if you are near north Manchester (evenings & weekends) or Huddersfield (during office hours).

In order to fit to a normal polo shock you need a spacer bush making to slide in the bottom so they are a tight fit on the shocker.  Other than that, they just slide over.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Coilover conversion tubes for rear of a mk2/mk3 polo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:57 am »
can take these to Edition if required!