Author Topic: Supercharger porting  (Read 3381 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Supercharger porting
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:43:03 am »
Is there any where else other than jabba that can do porting and a service on my charger.

I have emailed jabba on multiple occasions and i never get a response, Ive heard alot of good reviews but if they wanted my custon they should respond to my emails!

So I just wanted to know if there is any where else that can do it.

(sorry mods just realised this is in the wrong section, so feel free to move it ;) )

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Supercharger porting
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:39 pm »
i know a guy who does a really good job, but needs all the bearings etc removed... so you either need to service it yourself or get someone who knows how to do it to do so.

john mitchell racing also do charger servicing i believe.

As is mooted round the forums i do do the odd service for fellow g40 mates but at the moment I have 4 cars all in need of work and an 18 month daughter all of which demand my attention!!!

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:05 pm »
Fully understood Pete, I messaged you about a month ago and you said you were busy then so Ive left you alone :D.

Its just an arse with my polo being my every day car, I cant be without it for too long. I need a charger to send away whilst im still driving and then swap it over when it comes back

Im trying to get it sorted before the 7 July, as the supra owners club hire out santa pod for the weekend and i want to go there in the polo seing as my supra is broken.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »
have you phoned jabbasport up? 

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:14:45 pm »
No not as of yet, Im stook in a lead lined building during work so i can never get signal to do so in work hours, and then at weekends i forget ::) I have a memory like a sieve.

Ill crack on with it this weekend and see what they say.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:17:46 pm »
to be honest, if i could get it ported - it'd take about 3 weeks turnaround for porting!

tbh, i'd consider JMR or MV developments over jabba

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 02:28:36 pm »
I know this may sound a bit daft but Is a diy port an easy enought thing to do, or is it a rather tricky buisness?

My neighbour has acess to lots of equipment and also has a rather large milling machine and other machinery in his garage.

If its not going to be too bad would you be able to provide some detailed pics of where the material is removed by marking it out on the picture next to a standard charger ( i think i may have asked about this around 2 months ago but i cant remember)

and ill ask if he would be able to do anything.